December 8, 2009

Yes, I Started Jane Eyre

"Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion. To attack
the first is not to assail the last. To pluck the mask from the face of the
Pharisee, is nt to lift an impious hand to the Crown of Thorns. These things and
deeds are diametrically opposed: they are as distinct as is vice from virture.
Men too often confound them: they should not be confounded; appeareance should
not be mistaken for truth; narrow human doctrines, that only tend to elate and
magnify a few, should not be substituted for the world-redeeming creed of
Christ."

***

"Children can feel, but they cannot analyse their feelings; and if the analysis is partially effected in thought, they know not how to express the result of the process in words."


-Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre.

4 comments:

secret.whispers said...

Jane Eyre was a little weird.
In fact the more I read them, the more I see..all the classics are weird.
The best one, by far, is Pride and Prejudice.
BEST BOOK EVER. <3

Ally said...

I read it a year ago and it became one of a few books I can never forget.I loved the character of Helen Burns.

P.S. Thank you for checking out my blog.I am glad someone likes it =)

Americanising Desi said...

will u believe if i told u i have never read it!

Abdullah Tariq said...

I don't read no more!